Everybody wants healthy hair. Hairs are precious for us humans, and we all desire naturally bouncy, silky, and thick hairs on our skull. It hardly matters, how much and how costly hair products we use. Good hair health starts from inside our body. Everything we put in our bodies comes out through our hairs. If we stay healthy, eat healthy foods and maintain a proper hair care routine, our hairs will also be healthy and make us proud for long.
Promoting healthy hair is not that difficult as you may think. You just need to quit some of your old habits, give your hair a little time and a little effort. Well, to better know how to maintain healthy and beautiful hairs, you need to understand your hairs.
First of all, you should know that hairs are protein filaments. The key here is ‘protein’. The living part of the hair is under the skin of our scalp. It is where the root of the hair is housed in the hair follicles. The entire follicle and the hair root are fed by a vein, and the blood in the vein carries nutrition or food for the follicle/root.
So, you now understand that whenever we have any health issues or suffer from chronic medical conditions or develop bad habits like smoking, it directly affects the health of our hair – its growth, appearance, and more.
Promoting healthy hair and some beauty tips for hair
You can promote healthy hairs and maintain its beauty all by yourself and keep all your hair problems at bay.
- Take your vitamins: you should make sure to take multi-vitamins daily. Vitamin A, B, C, and B12 are good for hairs. Vitamin A helps to protect our hairs from free radicals and promotes healthy production of oil in the scalp, Vitamin B12 promotes healthy hair growth, prevents hair thinning, and provides oxygen to hair, and Vitamin C helps to protect the hairs from UV radiation. Minerals like calcium and zinc are great for healthy and beautiful hairs.
- Eat hair healthy foods: As we know that food has a direct impact on the health of your hairs. Eat foods that promote healthy and beautiful hairs like salmon, low-fat dairy products, whole-grain foods, oysters, carrots, eggs, poultry, nuts, beans, and dark green vegetables.
- Use the correct hair care products: This is yet another effective way to make sure that you have beautiful and healthy hairs. Take this a valuable beauty tip for hair. Use the right hair products like shampoos, conditioners, hair creams, oils, and other hair restoration products. Use more products that are either made of natural elements or have it in them like green tea, emu oil, argan oil, Shea butter to name a few. Before you buy any hair product, make sure to check its ingredients and do not pick any that have ingredients that you are not sure of.
- Trim your hairs regularly. The best is to cut them in layers and the cut should be by your face type.
- Cold rinse your hair. It helps to maintain long, beautiful, and lustrous hairs. This will ensure that your hair does not get damaged easily.
- Avoid applying heat to your hairs for styling. Regularly subjecting hairs to heat can considerably damage the hairs.
- Drink lots of water. Water is magical. It is the best remedy for beautiful, long, and healthy hair. Water aids in keeping your body hydrated and stimulates hair growth.
- Give your hair hot oil treatment. Hot oil hair and scalp massage is the best way to pamper healthy hair. It helps the hairs to strengthen, prevent dryness and from becoming brittle, and stops split ends. It helps stimulate better blood circulation onto your hair.
- Use mild shampoos. Sulfate-free, low chemical content, and gentle hair shampoos keep your hair from damages and do not irritate your scalp. After shampooing your hair, make sure you apply a generous amount of conditioner on them to seal the moisture and maintain its shiny and silky look.
Healthy Gut for Healthy Hair
Whatever is going inside our body is critical for naturally healthy hairs. Our nutrition, certain genetic conditions, and even stress play a vital role in the health of our hairs. And as per some latest studies and evidence, researchers confirm that our gut microbiome, not only aids in the production of certain nutrients needed for healthy hair growth but also regulates the hormones that are responsible for controlling the transition between the different phases of hairs (anagen, catagen, and telogen). It even maintains the condition of our body health that favors healthy hair growth.
This might sound a bit strange to all of us that, how can some bacteria inside our digestive system help maintain healthy hairs? But, the fact is that the two are very closely linked. Inflammation in the gut results in inflammation in other parts of the body like our hair follicles. The imbalance of gut bacteria could adversely affect our hair health and we may experience hair issues like hair falls, thinning, and more. It won’t be wrong if we say that “good gut health = to good hair health”.
Natural hair treatments
Hairs are an important part of our general appearance. It is critical for all of us to have shiny and healthy hair, as it attributes a lot to our natural physical and emotional beauty and appearance. Natural hair treatments are the safest and perhaps the most effective means to treat and care for our hairs. Some of these natural hair treatments that you can always try and do at home are:
- Apply coconut oil: Coconut oil is great for damaged and dry hairs and instant softness. Get the lost luster and smoothness of your hairs with just a few teaspoons.
- Yogurt: One of the best edible solutions for string and healthy hairs in yogurt. Combine some full-fat Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of Shea butter and apply the mixture to your hairs. It helps to protect your hairs from heat, seals moisture and mends split ends.
- Beer: Beer has abundant hair fortifying B vitamins. Mix some beer with eggs and apple cider vinegar and apply it to your hairs. Wait for 30 minutes before you wash it off for bouncy, soft, and silk hairs.
- Salt: This is particularly for oily hairs and should be applied monthly once. Create a paste by mixing some core salt with your shampoo. Apply the mix on your scalp and run hard for a minute. Rinse and then use conditioner. It will bring back the lost volume and shine of your hair.
- Aloe Vera: You may use either a gel or use the plant directly onto your hairs. Message it on your scalp, along the entire length of your hairs. It will help you achieve thick, long, and strong hairs.
There are many ways to promote healthy hair. But the main three things that remain by large the best ways to ensure long, lustrous, and healthy hairs are – eat healthily, change your habits, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and apply natural hair care products.