Green Chillies are an integral part of almost every Indian Recipe. The hotness and spice for which Indian Meals are popular come from the red and green Chillies. The Indian Curries, Gravies, Pickles, and Chutneys have a good amount of Green Chillies, which enhances its flavour and satisfies the Indian Taste Buds.
Green Chillies could be easily found in the vegetable basket of every Indian Household. Even, in India, if you shop for veggies from the local vegetable vendors, they always add a handful of Chilli and Coriander to your bag free of cost. Do you know in India you can find 10 different varieties of Chillies? Amongst them, the most popular is “Jwala” and could be found in the Indian Vegetable Stores throughout the year.
But when you live outside India it could be difficult to find fresh and flavorful chillies. Unlike India, here in Germany, the Indian Stores could not be found at the corner of every street. So, on days when chillies get out of stock, you have to prepare your meals without this essential Indian ingredient.
Therefore, in this article, I have included the Best Place to buy Green Chillies in Germany all around the year. Also, I have mentioned my personal favourite Green Chilli Recipes and some amazing health benefits.
Let’s Get Started!
Mouth-Watering Green Chilli Recipes prepared within a Few Minutes
Here are 2 of my most favourite Green Chilli Indian Recipes. The first one is a zingy Pickle or Green Chilli Pickle recipe and the second is a popular Rajasthani Snack. So, let’s begin.
Hari Mirch ka Achar (Green Chilli Pickle)
Pickle and Papad are the favourite side dish in Indian Homes. Here’s my secret recipe of Green Chilli lemon Pickle or Hari Mirch ka Achar which I learnt from my grandmother.
- Large Green Chillies washed and dried (1kg)
- Saunf or Fennel Seeds (3/4th Cup)
- Sarson ke Daane or Mustard Seeds (3/4th Cup)
- Methi ke Daane or Fenugreek Seeds (1/4th Cup)
- Kalonji or Onion Seeds (2 Tbsp)
- Hing or Asafoetida (1 Tbsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 Cup)
- Salt (3/4th Cup)
- Lime Juice (4 Cups)
- Vegetable Oil (1 Cup)
Steps to Prepare Mirch ka Achar
- Make a Cut on all the Chillies Lengthwise
- Fennel, Mustard, Onion, and Fenugreek Seeds finely coarse them.
- Properly mix the powdered spices, asafoetida, turmeric, salt, 1/4th cup lime juice and 1/4th cup vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Fill the chillies with this mixture.
- Take a clean jar and add all the prepared chillies into it.
- Add the left lemon juice to the chillies in the jar
- Slightly heat up the left 3/4th cup of oil, then cool it down and add to the chillies after 2-3 days.
- Make sure the chillies get dipped into oil.
You can store and enjoy this pickle with your meal for 2-3 months.
Mirchi Vada or Mirchi Pakoda (Green Chilli Fritters)
It is one of the most enjoyed street-side snacks of Rajasthan. So, to prepare the Mirchi Vada or Pakora you have to follow these steps:-
- Large Green Chillies (10-12)
- Besan or Gram Flour (1 cup)
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Oil (for frying the Vada)
For the Potato Filling:
- Potatoes (250gms, boiled, peeled, and mashed)
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder (1.5 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1 tsp)
- Amchoor or Raw Mango Powder (2 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chaat Masala (1 tsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
Method to Prepare Mirchi Bade
Making of Filling:
- In a bowl mix well all the elements of the filling together (Potatoes, Onions, Spices, and Salt)
Making of Bade:
- Make a cut on the Chillies lengthwise.
- Fill them with the potato mixture.
- Mix besan, salt and add water slowly to prepare a smooth batter
- Heat the Oil.
- Cover the filled chillies with the besan batter and pour them into the oil one after another.
- Keep the flame to medium-high and fry until golden brown.
Enjoy them with ketchup or green chutney.
Where do I Buy Green Chillies Online from?
To make your recipes delicious and flavorful you must buy fresh and juicy Green Chillies. In Germany, earlier it was very tough for me to find Good Quality Green Chillies. But, after I discovered Dookan – an Online Indian Grocery Store in Germany, it has been so easy to buy the best-quality Indian Green Chillies. Also, I have won a 10% discount on my first order. Since, my first order i have started purchasing Indian Groceries from Dookan.com Only and win many cashbacks and discounts.
The Chillies found here are spotless, plump, and of leafy green colour. Also, they are free of chemicals, harmful pesticides, and good for health. Moreover, their online ordering and easy home delivery facility makes it my top choice for Veggie and Grocery Shopping. Not only green chillies, you will find all the items to prepare green chilli recipes from dookan .com at a low cost with amazing quality.
So, what are you waiting for? Buy Green Chillies Online in Germany and start preparing yummy Green chilli dishes.
Unknown Health Benefits of Green Chillies
After learning the 2 delicious recipes now it’s time to discover the Green Chillies benefits. But before getting into that, I would like to tell you an interesting fact about Green chillies. Do you know Green Chillies contain Zero Calories? Yes, it’s true! So, if you want to lose weight Green Chilli could help you. Some other green chilli benefits are mentioned below:-
1. Treats Cough, Cold, and Sinus Infections
Capsaicin, a component found in Green Chilli, is found to cure cold and sinus infections. It stimulates the flow of blood in our nasal vessels and reduces the secretion of mucus.
2. Alleviates Pain
The heat in green chillies helps in reducing the pain and also acts as an effective digestive agent. Also, Green Chillies are a rich source of Vitamin C which helps in maintaining the glow on the skin and keeps the eyes and immune system healthy and strong.
3. Treats Mood Swings
When you consume Green Chillies it releases endorphins, which is known for its quality of releasing stress and boosting mood. Moreover, Green Chillies also help in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
4. Other Benefits
Green Chillies are also found beneficial for the cardiovascular system and have the ability to prevent stroke and heart attacks. Further, it also lowers the body temperature and has lots of antibacterial properties.
This was a complete guide for Green Chilli Lovers. You have learnt 2 palatable recipes and Green Chillies advantage. So, start consuming green chillies on a daily basis and also give both recipes a try. Further, if you are looking to buy Fresh and Hygienic Green Chillies in Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Italy, Slovakia, Austria you must visit eu.dookan.com and for the Czech Republic dookan.com.