Owning a car is a matter of pride, you need to take good care of your vehicle. A little damage if not taken care of properly can cause you to spend a lot on repairs and maintenance. There are many parts and systems in a vehicle, which requires proper care and at times regular maintenance or immediate repairs.
A car engine is one of the most important components of a vehicle which requires a great deal of attention and care on a regular basis. If your engine starts to malfunction, you need to take your Audi or Volkswagen to the vehicle servicing centres of Cape Town. You need to get in touch with a reliable company for Audi engine replacement because you simply cannot trust just any company you come across. (Information source: http://wackers.co.za/audi-service-specials/)
How do you know if your car engine needs repairs or maintenance? Below are a few signs which suggests there could be problems with your car’s engine.
1. Check the Engine Light: The easiest way to detect a performance problem with the engine is to keep an eye on the engine light. A car detects its own problems via the OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) system and alerts the car owner via the warning lights on the dashboard. If the CEL (Check Engine Light) is turned on, it means something is wrong with the engine.
2. Shaky drive: If your car shakes when driving, it clearly indicates that there is a problem. The spark plugs, as well as the hoses, can be damaged easily. Inspect the hoses for any damage. Get them tightened if they are loose and have the cracked ones replaced. The timing belt, motor mounts and fuel intake system may also require replacement. If you are not sure what the problem is, take the car to the specialists for proper diagnostics.
3. Overheated engine: After a drive, the engine should not take more than a few minutes to return to its normal temperature. If you notice your engine heating up rapidly and taking more time to get back to its normal temperature, then there must be some problems in the cooling or flushing system of the engine. In this case, you must take your Audi to the mechanics so they can check if an engine replacement is required.
4. Excessive fume emission: If your engine is operating at high temperatures, then you may experience emission of smoke coming out of the hood. Which can cause blown head gaskets, cracked cylinder head, or melting engine parts. Whether you see black or white smoke coming out, take your car to a vehicle servicing centre.
5. Loud noises: Strange noises coming out of the engine while driving indicates that parts like the pistons and bearings are damaged. The gaskets and seals might also need fixing. If these problems are not dealt with right away, your car might develop a sudden snag.
6. Increased fuel consumption: It is the job of the car’s engine to process the fuel. So, if you notice more fuel than usual is used by your car, then it can be because of a malfunctioning engine. If you don’t tend to the problem quickly it will eventually cost you a lot of money.
If you notice any of the signs written above in your Audi, take it for an engine replacement immediately.